Pool Rules & Regulations
Bainbridge Athletic Club pool rules and regulations are subject to change.
- LISTEN TO THE LIFEGUARD! If given direction by staff, follow it immediately or risk pool/Club suspension.
- (Per Washington State Law) Children age 16 and under may only use the pool and pool area when a certified attendant is present. Outside of the Club’s own registered children’s programs, Bainbridge Athletic Club provides a Lifeguard/Attendant only during times marked “Open Swim” on the schedule.
- All children 11 and under must have a parent or responsible adult, 18 or older (with ID), on the pool deck even when an attendant is present (including during opens swim). Parents must be within arms reach of their children under 10 years of age, unless the child has passed a swim test administered by attendant/guard/swim instructor or program director, and wears a bracelet to demonstrate such. Only children wearing such a bracelet may pass the 4 ft depth marker. Bracelets must be left at the facility and names of those who have passed the swim test will be kept on a list.
- No glass containers of any kind on the pool deck or in the pool, or food or drink in the pool.
- No diving
- No running
- No rough play including but not limited to: putting hands on another swimmer, pushing, dunking, chicken fights, breath holding contests/games, running starts, flipping, spinning or backwards jumps into the pool, or jumping in too close for safety to another swimmer in the water.
- Headphones must be used for personal music.
- No foul language
- No smoking
- Showering is required prior to entry into the pool. The pool may be closed if it becomes cloudy due to sunscreens/oils. Please wait for them to dry completely and then rinse before entering the pool.
- Life jackets and puddle jumpers (not inflatable water wings) are permissible, but a parent of a child without a bracelet must still be within arms reach of a swimmer wearing such.
- Children who are not 100% potty trained are required to wear rubber pants (even over a swim diaper) to prevent accidents which could result in pool closure due to unsanitary conditions. NO EXCEPTIONS. Rubber Pants are available for purchase at the front desk.
- Clean Dive rings/sticks, torpedos, balls, small floating toys are permissible if cleared and put away when finished. Rafts are not permitted due to line of sight restrictions for attendants.
- The pool may be closed by an employee without prior notice for safety reasons including but not limited to unsafe weather, or cool temperature, or water conditions.